Join the Dousman Chamber of Commerce
Mission: The mission of the Dousman Area Chamber of Commerce is to enhance the health of business and community while retaining our small town atmosphere.
YOU CAN MAKE DOUSMAN A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE AND WORK!
QUESTIONS? Contact our Membership Ambassadors!
Who Are We? The Dousman Area Chamber is a non-profit organization that promotes a partnership between business, civic and professional people who work to build a healthy economy and improve the quality of life in the Greater Dousman Area.
Why should you join?
- Advertising and promotional opportunities
- Networking opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities
- Have fun while benefiting all businesses in the Greater Dousman Area!
How Can the Chamber Benefit Your Business?
- You can advertise and promote your business or organization a number of ways. One of the easiest is to provide the Chamber with special events at your organization to be posted on our public website event calendar!
- The Chamber periodically creates and distributes a Business Directory & Community Guide. As a member, you are invited to advertise your business name, phone number, location, hours, and a brief description of your products.
- Upon request, an Ambassador Visit and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony is a special service offered only to Chamber members. What a great way to celebrate opening a new business, moving to a new location or expanding your present location. Area media can be invited to attend and provide press coverage of the event.
- The Chamber offers great networking opportunities. Chamber meetings held at 7:30 a.m. the third Thursday of every month at the Dousman Village Hall are a great way to meet other members.
Great Volunteer Opportunities
- Christmas is the perfect time to help others. The Chamber "Santa Visit / Winterfest" provides members volunteer opportunities. And they find that decorating the Community Center and helping with the festivities is a great way to get into the holiday spirit.
- The Chamber hosts various other events throughout the year to bring people to our wonderful Dousman. From Casino Nights to Touch-a-Truck events and more, funds raised go towards scholarships, beautifying Main street, and more.
- Chamber members also participate in the annual Haunted Halloween Woods event hosted by Three Pillars Senior Living Communities.
- Enhance the look of downtown Dousman. Chamber members work with the Community Garden Club to maintain the flower beds and gazebos adjacent to the Glacial-Drumlin Bike Trail.
- Chamber staff and volunteers are continually striving to expand the programs that benefit business and organizations in the greater Dousman area. New ideas are always welcome.
Transforming ideas into action takes time and money. The Officers, Ambassadors and committee chairpersons are all volunteers. Whether you participate as a leader or a helper, your time and energy can help a fund-raising event generate money or help turn an idea into a reality.
Your business can make a difference!