As always, Santa is returning to Dousman in 2017!
“It’s a Wonderful Life in Dousman”
Sunday, December 3rd, 2017
Also view, RSVP, tag a friend, join the discussion, and share our Facebook Event!
All are invited to visit downtown Dousman on Sunday, December 3rd for a favorite annual tradition! Santa comes to town at 4:30 PM, but the whole day will be filled with festive, holiday fun!
Our committee and many Chamber businesses have put together a full day of events, including:
• 11 a.m. to 3 p.m: Ice Carvers along Main Street – Stop by to watch all 11 of them work and guess what they’re carving! Thank you to the area businesses who have sponsored an ice sculpture. Help us show our gratitude by patronizing their businesses!
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m: Artisan Craft Fair on the 2nd floor of the Dousman Masonic Lodge (214 N Main Street) – Bring some cash for when you find something you love! There’ll be plenty to admire and choose from, including bags and purses, Christmas and home decor, ornaments, scarves, woven baskets, wood boxes, and more.
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m: Model Railroad Train Display at the Dousman Masonic Lodge (214 N Main Street) – Enjoy the majestic sight of the Milwaukee Northwestern Model Railroad Club’s displays. The little train enthusiasts in your life will love watching the trains and might even get a chance to try the remote or sound the whistle.
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m: Children’s Scavenger Hunt – Kids are invited to explore Main Street in pursuit of collecting a prize! Pick up a wreath at the Bullfrog Station (319 N Main Street), Chamberlain’s (133 N Main Street), or the Dousman Municipal Building (118 S Main Street). Look for the “scavenger hunt bell” sign in a front window of Main Street businesses and collect a sticker from each. Bring the completed wreath to the Lions Community Center between 2 and 4 p.m. to earn a prize!
• 12 noon to 3 p.m: Chili tasting contest at various businesses along Main Street – Warm up with something hot and tasty. After you’ve tasted, look for the 3 decorated mailboxes placed along Main Street to turn in your voting card.
• 12 noon to 3 p.m: Carriage Rides along Main Street – Catch a ride as the horse-drawn carriage makes round trips up and down the street. Look for the “Carriage Rides” signs at the Municipal Building and the Bullfrog Station Car Wash.
• 12 noon to 3 p.m: Carolers outdoors at two spots along Main Street – Enjoy the sweet sounds of various volunteer and school groups serenading you.
• 12 noon to 3 p.m: Crafts for Kids in the Municipal Building (118 S Main Street) – The kids will make something fun and adorable.
• 12 noon to 3 p.m: Photo Op with a Christmas Angel Character in the Municipal Building (118 S Main Street) – Snap a photo with the beautiful Christmas angel to remember this magical day forever.
• 12 noon to 3 p.m: Caricature Drawings in the building next door (to the south) of Edward Jones (139 N Main Street – which also happens to be for sale! Meet Kristie the Shorewest realtor while you’re there) – Stop by for a free keepsake caricature drawing by a talented artist.
• 12 noon to 3 p.m: Face Painting at Soapy Dogs (132 N Main Street) – Enjoy extra festivity with cool face paintings.
• 12 noon to 3 p.m: Wine and Beer Tasting at Cornerstop (200 N Main Street) – A little something special to warm the adults up.
• 12:45 p.m: Family Santa Bike Ride, starting at the Bicycle Doctor (105 N Main Street) – Dress up like Santa, or something festive, and grab your bike to celebrate the season with some fun and fitness. We’re going for a group bike ride down Maint Street! Make sure you don’t leave Kevin behind at home! *Everyone on a bike must be wearing a helmet.* Parade Ride begins at 1:00 p.m., with hot chocolate, coffee, and treats afterwards at 1:30 p.m.
• 4:30 p.m: Santa arrives to the Lions Community Center (235 N Main Street) – Don’t miss your chance to sit on the big guy’s lap and tell him what you want for Christmas.
DOUSMAN AREA BUSINESSES: We welcome the whole business community to light up our town with festive window decorations and encourage fun events within your business the day of this event. Previous things that have been done are Face Painting, Cookie Decorating, Free Samples of some of your products, etc… We highly encourage your involvement.
CONSIDER SPONSORING THE EVENT! Remember, everything is FREE to attendees, and we’re so pleased to be able to continue offering free fun for all, thanks to your support. Please call Karen Arenz at 262-965-2240 or Lyn Tyler at 262-719-1506.
We are looking forward to lots of people in town on December 3rd, sharing holiday spirit and making lasting memories with their families!